*To what is the GOP saying "NO" and why?
*Does the GOP represent what most Americans feel about the President's and Democrat's Health Care Plan, which they expect to pass shortly?
*Are the American People saying that they don't want Congress to pass such an expensive bill and that they do not believe it will really address the Health Care problem on a number of levels?
AREAS OF CONCERNThe following are some of the areas of concerns:
- The Health Care Bill Congress and the President insist on passing is more than America can Afford.
- The Health Care Bill Congress and the President insist on passing increases taxes, even though Congress insists that it doesn't. The people know there is fine print in the bill, and they know that it does increase taxes on those who are already over-burdened with taxes.
- The Health Care Bill Congress and the President insist on passing will collect taxes on this bill right now, in 2010, but the coverage won't begin until 2014!
- The Health Care Bill Congress and the President insist on passing forces their plan through Congress without GOP representation.
- The Health Care Bill Congress and the President insist on passing forces every person to carry insurance or be fined and perhaps face prison if they don't...so much for free agency, choice, and adhering to the Constitution. A news reporter asked Pelosi if the bill was Constitutional. Scoffingly she laughed and said: "Are you serious? Are you serious?" with emphasis on that phrase the second time, as if she could not believe she was just asked such a stupid question. Either Pelosi does not get it or she does not care. The reporter insinuated that Pelosi believes Congress has power to do whatever it wants and to heck with the Constitution.
- The Health Care Bill Congress and the President insist on passing is an attempt to bring about the first step to Socialism.
- The Health Care Bill Congress and the President insist on passing has many controversial elements that the majority of Americans do NOT want included in a Health Care package.
WHO'S REALLY THE PARTY OF NO?So perhaps the correct question should be: Is the President and Democrats Really The Party of NO?
Basically, the President and Leaders of the Democratic Party in Congress are telling the majority of Americans "NO", because they don't care what we want. Indeed, they are saying that "We know what is best for you. We are the elite and smarter than you. We understand what you want but it does not fit into the vision we have for America."
The GOP claim they are saying "No" to this present Health Care Bill because the American People are telling them THEY DO NOT want this bill the way it currently exists.
Certainly, it is true that "The American People" want a Health Care Plan that limits insurance companies from increasing premiums and then giving less benefits. Of course, they want a Health Care Plan that limits insurance companies from putting a cap on what they cover and for how long. There is no question that they want limits on insurance companies disallowing pre-existing conditions.
There is no doubt that both parties understand that these areas are a problem. However, only one Party has a backup plan in their package that opens the door to socialism and government takeover of health care. Do they expect their plan not to work and that, by default, they will have the government program in place anyway, as planned?
INSURANCE IS BASED ON RISKLet us examine what insurance means and the elements that determine the cost of premiums.
- Insurance is based on a RISK and the likelihood of paying out on that risk.
- People purchase insurance to cover their risk in case there is a need for a pay out.
- Insurance Premiums = risk + estimated cost to pay out + length of time to pay out + cost to pay out at the time it is expected to pay.
What Congress and the President want is to tell Insurance Companies that they cannot calculate risk the way they have been and to use a new system to calculate premiums. The problem is that Congress is telling the companies how to cover risk that THEY have a responsibility to cover . . . not a risk that the President or Congress will have to cover!
When Congress (i.e., government) interferes with the way companies do business, they may compromise essential elements those companies use to function properly. In the case of Insurance Companies, interfering government can force on them situations that may cause a company to go broke (intentionally or not) when suddenly, all at once, they need to pay out a huge amount of claims. If they can't pay the claims because they were not allowed to collect enough premiums to cover the risk, then who loses? We do, the policy holders.
GOV HEALTH CARE TAKEOVERDO YOU SEE WHY THE PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS WANT TO PASS A GOVERNMENT OPTION AS BACKUP TO THE PLAN?
THE GOVERNMENT PUBLIC OPTION IS THE DEFAULT COVERAGE IF INSURANCE COMPANIES CANNOT FULFILL THEIR OBLIGATIONS. In other words, Government expects insurance companies to go out of business and will not be able to pay claims! If that happens, there goes FREE AGENCY AND CHOICE because we are forced to accept the Government backed Health Care OPTION whether we want it or not!!!
IT APPEARS THAT THIS IS ALL A CAREFULLY CALCULATED PLAN WITH DEMOCRATS USING THE GOP AS THEIR SCAPE-GOAT TO TAKE OUR EYES OFF FROM THEM AND WHAT THEY PLAN TO DO TO AMERICA!
We should, therefore, support the TEA Party movement. They are NOT THE ELITE but common people telling government "NO MORE ANTICS, govern according to the Constitution and what the people expect from you". The TEA Party is telling Congress that they are expected to lower taxes, follow the Constitution, and honor the ideals of the people they serve.
IT ALSO APPEARS THAT, RIGHT NOW, GOVERNMENT THINKS THEY DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE AND THAT THEIR VISION FOR AMERICA IS MORE IMPORTANT. WE MUST TELL CONGRESS AND THE PRESIDENT THAT THEY ARE WRONG, THAT WE ARE NOT MINDLESS COMMONERS, AND THAT WE DO HAVE THE POWER TO REPLACE THEM.
Of course, knowing that we can replace them is why they are trying so forcefully to get their vision into law before we follow through with this threat at election time. They don't care what the American People want and upholding the Constitution means nothing to them.
PELOSI'S SECRET PLANAre you aware that Congress can pass the current Health Care Bill without even ONE Republican in the room and without an objection from anyone in their party? Pelosi already has a secret plan that promises to do this without the Republicans present.
The process that allows Pelosi to do this is actually legal and has been used in the past by both Republicans and Democrats. However, do you want the present Health Care Bill - one that's been worked out by some Democrats behind closed doors and in secrecy - to be passed this way? Do we want Congress to ram a Health Care Bill down the throats of the American people who have made it clear that they are against it as it is now?
Interestingly, Democrats claim that the GOP dramatizes something they've done themselves. Also, are you aware that we will be forced to pay taxes on this bill right now, in 2010, but the coverage won't start until 2014?
How do you feel about Pelosi's plan? Make sure your representatives know how you feel and tell them that they will be replaced if they insists on pushing this bill through against the will of the People!