Well, Cain did it today. He threw his hat into the ring. He comes to us by popular demand. You ask people who they thought won the debate in South Carolina, and they will say Herman Cain! And, of those who had a favorite candidate before the debate, the majority will say they changed their "fav" after they heard Cain speak.
After Herman Cain appeared at CPAC, he was viciously attacked by the "Left". They must see something in him that they fear or they would not waste their time on him.
Here are two videos of Herman Cain. The first one is Sean Hannity and Juan Williams discussing the wicked attack on Cain from Progressives and the second is Cain's speech at CPAC, for which he was lavishly praised.
Liberals have no shame! Conservatives would never think of getting away with this type of garbage talk, but for some reason, the rules are always different when Liberals do it.
These mean-spirited people think all is fair in politics and there's no boundary they won't cross to get what they want--even something as discusting as this.
Herman Cain is best known for running the God Father's Pizza chain, has hosted a talk radio show, and had the nerve to spar with Bill Clinton over health care.
So what if Cain has never held an elected office? We don't want more Career Politicians any way, we've had enough of them! The tea party loves him too and he may be their favorite choice for president.
"In case you accidentally listen to a skeptic or doubting Thomas out there, just to be clear ... I'm running for president of the United States, and I'm not running for second," he said to a crowd gathering at Centennial Olympic Park today, Chants of "Herman" could be heard coming from the crowd of thousands in downtown Atlanta.This announcement today came after months of traveling around the country to introduce himself to voters. Now let's see if this 65-year-old business owner and talk show host can tap into the grass-roots enthusiasm and turn this campaign into a worthy foe that will give Obama a run for his money! I think he can do it!
Cain's platform is as follows:
- He is for a strong national defence
- He opposes abortion
- He backs replacing the federal income tax with a national sales tax (what would the IRS so?)
- And he favors a return to the gold standard.
Cain said it right when he proclaimed President Barack Obama "threw Israel under the bus because he sought to base Mideast border talks partly on the pre-1967 war lines, and criticized the Justice Department for challenging Arizona's tough crackdown on illegal immigration...We shouldn't be suing Arizona," he said to cheers. "We ought to send them a prize." [ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]
Interesting facts that you may not know about Herman Cain:
- Cain was known by the name "Hermanator" when he lost in the Georgia 2004 U.S. Senate primary, with one-quarter of the vote in a Republican three-way race.
- His political action committee has taken in just over $16,000 this year.
- He says he's running "a bottoms-up, outside-the-box campaign." He's right!
- Supporters likes his plain-speaking approach to the issues. People can understand him when he talks.
- Cain was born in Memphis, Tenn., raised in Atlanta, and the son of a chauffeur and a maid.
- He attended black Morehouse College, earned a master's degree from Purdue University and worked as a mathematician for the Navy before he became a corporate big-shot.
- He worked at Coca-Cola, Pillsbury and Burger King before "taking the helm of the failing Godfather's Pizza franchise, which he rescued by shuttering hundreds of restaurants".
- His political views brought him attention when he argued with President Clinton over the Democrat's health care plan at a 1994 town hall meeting. Did you see it?
"On behalf of all of those business owners that are in a situation similar to mine," asked Cain, "my question is, quite simply, if I'm forced to do this, what will I tell those people whose jobs I will have to eliminate?"
- Cain was once described by the late Jack Kemp, the GOP vice presidential nominee in 1996, as having "the voice of Othello, the looks of a football player, the English of Oxfordian quality and the courage of a lion."
- Cain was diagnosed with liver and colon cancer in 2006 (he is cancer free now), and credits the nation's quality health care system with keeping him alive. He says it's one reason he's so opposed to the health overhaul by Obama.
"It's time to get real, folks. Hope and change ain't working," he said. "Hope and change is not a solution. Hope and change is not a job."This is the kind of candidate that I can vote for, can you?